Friday, October 26, 2012

A day in Mt. Dora

Saturday before last we went with my family and the two little boys my Mom can't live without on a little adventure!

We first had Dunkin Donuts, which Jonah (The older of the two little guys, who are the pastor's kids at the Church I have gone to my whole life) really likes! Usually his little brother Micah is the hungry boy, but Jonah loves his donuts. Anyhow, we then loaded up. We had to take two cars: girls and little boys in my mom's car, guys 20 and older in Ricky's car. On the way to Mt. Dora, the drive felt very long. Micah and Jonah were getting a bit restless toward the end. Finally we arrived at Long& Scott Farms where there was a corn maze and a pumpkin patch and a tree maze and a hayride and on and on.  I had a good time. I had never been to a corn maze before and had wanted to go to one this year. And I love me a pumpkin patch. Bunches of Pumpkins together just look like fun. Fall is my favorite season. So we did the corn maze. Ricky, Ben, and I were in one group. Mom, Dakota and Micah in another. And then Moriah and Jonah. Maybe it is from his height, or maybe his Eagle scout instincts- but Ricky zoomed through the maze. Seriously we were out at least 30 minutes before Mom's group and probably 45 minutes before Mo and Jo!

Since we were done and the others weren't out yet the three of us moved on to the Tree Maze. I liked it much better. There was basically no one in it when we went through, you couldn't see over it to tell where you were going at all, it was much creepier and much, much more labyrinthine. What I wanted a maze to feel like. But still Ricky took us through it fairly fast, he has a great sense of direction.

We got a little snack while we were there and took some fun photos. Dakota and I took Micah out to the car to change his diaper and had fun taking some photos with him:
 Pre-Mazes
 Sweet guy loves Mom, waiting to take pics
 Moriah is really weird
 Trying to get Micah and Dakota to look at me
Got it! 

 Oh, you know I just match the giant hay scarecrow...
My brother is a really good guy.

He would not accept not holding it. And I didn't love the girly pink chair.

Here he was holding one, and let go so it rolled away. 
So glad I caught the laughs at that!

Jonah wanted to photobomb the scarecrow family a la Dan Style


Micah didn't love the hayride

Jonah is starting to believe me that hay is vey itchy.

Jonah liked the hayride. He and I talked a
lot about the crops and different farming practices.

Micah saw the girl across from us eating Goldfish.

After the Farm we decided to go to lunch. Jonah voted Subway, Dakota voted Pizza Hut. All the sudden my mom had an awesome (and a little out of character for her) idea. She asked Ricky to look up the best place in Mt. Dora to get a burger- so we could try out some local flavor. We ended up going to this fun little place in the downtown area called The Frog and Monkey. And can I just say, I loved Downtown Mt. Dora. It blends all the things I like about downton DeLand, Key West and Old Savannah. A very cool little area, definitely want to go back and explore more sometime. While we were driving to the downtown area I spotted something really exciting through the window: (A while ago, mine and Ricky's favorite bartender from the Abbey- who is also a brewer- left the Abbey to start his own place closer to home. He had been commuting from Mt. Dora to DeLand. I can't imagine how that would stink when you could get off work at almost 3 am. One of his deciding factors was that he and his wife were about to have their first kid. So Dano decided to open Mermaid Juice Naneaux Brewery and Antiques. ) And there it was! Outside the car window, Ricky and I had been thinking about visiting it since early August.

So after out very yummy lunch my mom, Dakota, Moriah and the boys headed home. Ben, Ricky and I headed to stop by Mermaid Juice (Just for about 1/2 an hour because Ben needed to be somewhere and we are courteous friends like that.).  It was really great to see Dano, and his shop was really groovy.





No comments:

Post a Comment