Monday, July 22, 2013

One Year Anniversary

Yesterday, July 21 was mine and Ricky's one year anniversary. It's been a whirlwind of a year, and there is no one I'd rather have by my side to deal with everything life throws our way. He is an amazing, funny, intelligent, gentle and sweet man and I am blessed to call him my husband. We celebrated by having a night away, to ourselves, at the Westin here in Tampa. Last year on our wedding night we stayed at the Westin in Lake Mary, so Ricky thought it would be sweet to return to a Westin hotel. And for those of you who don't know, we are temporarily staying with Ricky's folks- so a night away to ourselves was very nice.

We ate room service dinner and breakfast, watched Trouble with the Curve and relaxed. Ricky got some good sleep and I had a nice bubble bath.

When we got back at lunch time Sunday we did a little thrift store searching and adventuring, then went to our good pals' Sean and Raena's for dinner and to eat our one-year old wedding cake (seriously, who came up with that tradition?).

Ready to go!

Traffic en route to hotel
Opening his present.

My favorite of my Anniversary presents.

Ricky's cute card!

My "paper" anniversary gifts. Isn't he cool? Traditional gift giver.

Ricky's headphones broke on our recent trip to England, 
so I got him some nice, new, and not-paper ones.


Our pretty room service spread.

Selfie!

After our hotel splurge, we just had lunch at taco bell on Sunday... 
The sauce packets didn't realize we were taken.

Before trying the cake.

Ricky's face and look as if to say
 "Does she think this is as gross as I do?"
"Yep."

Yuck.

What little we ate of it, including Sean's bite.

How the cake looked after a year of freezing, moving, and sitting.


Okay, if our faces were that bad, Sean had to check. Yep, disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment