Tuesday, October 2, 2012

24


I had a really nice 24th birthday weekend.

On Friday after work, Ricky came home to find me exhausted. I had been doing really intense cleaning all day (bear in mind the apartment is always clean, but I did deep cleaning sort of things to get ready for my family to come over), and my arm was really sore from the Implanon (see previous post). So he decided the perfect start to my birthday weekend was to have me relax and get taken out to dinner instead of cooking and having to clean it up again. We tried a new Greek place we hadn't been to yet, and we really liked it. We had been disappointed with the Greek place right by our apartment, but Cypriana is not far and was delicious. We ate a little too much! Greek does that to us. And I wanted dessert, because they had a custard dessert I had had at a Greek festival and had never seen before at a restaurant, however they were out of it. :( But the waited brought us Baklava Cheesecake on the house! And it was delcious! We got some cookies and Baklava to take home for my family the next day.

On Saturday my family was a little late coming over. We had planned to go to an early lunch, because Ricky wanted to get back in time to watch the United game at 12:30. But we didn't end up leaving till the game was nearly starting. We went to Bubbalou's, it was okay. Not as good as other times I had been there, but I was right in guessing that my family would like the environment there. My family stayed till almost five, just hanging out. I dyed Moriah's hair for her. She wanted it pink for breast cancer awareness month, like hot pink at the bottom with a bit of an ombre effect. It was fun.

On Sunday, Ricky had a whole day planned for me. :) We went to the farmer's market in the morning and got a glorious bounty of goods! Whisky Cheddar, Truffled cheese, Fresh pineapple-mango juice, huge "bugs bunny" carrots, cukes, radishes fresh with their greens, a butternut squash, organic cilantro, fresh churned "Amish style" butter. I am a happy girl just with that!

Then we came home and relaxed a couple hours. Nice and easy. Then I showered and got ready for brunch- he had gotten us reservations at the hot new place. :) Cask&Larder. It was delicious. We got a flight of their in house brews to sample, and a "Bakeshop on Board" plate which had one of each pastry for us to try: zucchini bread, bourbon caramel beignets, pb&j profiteroles, brioche cinnamon twists. SO YUMMY! Then for our entrees Ricky had a Brisket pastrami with fried eggs and a potato pankcake. It was very good. And I Confit Duck. Delicious. It was also beautiful, I forgot to take a photo. Mine had bright edible orchids and flowers- purple and orange. Here is a photo I found of someones the week before. Mine was really even prettier.

After brunch we went to see Lawless. Then we went to the Cheesecake factory and split appetizers and then had cheesecake. It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment