Sunday, January 27, 2013

Goals

1) Get to a healthy and happy weight.
I have been thinking about my new goals since the year began. As you may know I re-joined Weight Watchers (using the online version) I hope to be within 5 pounds of my healthy goal weight by July and to maintain that weight.

2) Get Active
Additionally, I need to start exercising again. This goal presents a particular problem right now. I don't really feel safe walking/jogging in my neighborhood. We can't afford a gym right now, and my pilates videos and zumba and dance games are great but in our apartment right now there is no room to move them. So, for right now I am going to get at least one hour of serious exercise per a week and try to remain active and on my feet in the apartment when I can.

3) Continue reading more and watching less
No more than 2-3 hours a day TV- which is actually a big change when you consider Ricky and I do marathons every evening. At least 1 hour of reading each day I am home all day. And posting about the books I read each month.

4) Get better at keeping in regular contact with friends and family
If this means I have to schedule certain times to call certain people and stick to it, then that's what I will have to do. Emails and calls count. Texts and FB Messages don't, necessarily. This obviously depends on the preferred method of communication of the other person and their comfort level with modern tech communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment