Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter

Easter Weekend:

The five of us, all ages 15-24 dyed Easter eggs at my Mom's request. The cool thing about all big kids/adults doing eggs is that you get some really neat looking ones. We got to go to a sweet birthday party on Saturday for little Alice's 1st birthday. It was ladybug themed and her mommy got actual ladybugs to release for the kids to play with, it was very cute and I got to spend some time with friends and my family.

Easter morning we went to church, but not to the service, we were in the nursery the whole time! Second service there were 31 kids in the crazy joint. I changed about 12 diapers in 20 minutes at one point. Ricky hid the eggs for the kiddos to hunt and made a run to get the family some breakfast.
After church we went to Longhorn and my mom treated us to delicious lunch. I got the flat iron steak from the light menu- it was my favorite steak I have had at Longhorn. Very yummy. Then we went back to my mom's and saw all the goodies the Easter Bunny had brought us. We had so much candy between Ricky and I! (I couldn't control my candy snacking on Monday and Tuesday, so I had Ricky bring the rest of the candy to work with him.) After baskets we headed home, unpacked and then a couple hours later drove to the Millenia area to meet Ricky's folks and his Auntie Val and Uncle Alan who had just flown in from England. There was a delay with their bags and customs, so Ricky and I waited in the parking lot of BJ's for one hour, then at the table almost another hour. Then Derek and Alan arrived, but Linda and Val had taken a wrong turn and were almost 30 minutes later. By the time we finished dinner it was nearly 11pm. It was a long day for us, but I can't even imagine how long it must have felt for Val and Alan who left London around 3am our time that day!



No comments:

Post a Comment